- Maximum of 10 people in your group.
- A fascinating deep dive into the history of crime and law enforcement in Britain throughout the ages with one of our duo of retired Police Sergeants and Expert Qualified Guides.
- Unique and personal insights into London’s criminal underbelly and those who police it.
- Engaging for all age groups.
On this one-of-a-kind journey, you will travel from the gin-soaked, crime-ridden slums of 18th century Covent Garden to the formation of London’s First Police Service and onwards to modern days through stories of London’s dark underbelly. You will be escorted by either Francis or David, both retired London Police Sergeants and professional guides, who both have years of crime-busting under their belts. Hear of the Bow Street Runners, infamous prisoners, fugitives from justice, attacks against the citizens of London and the people who protect and serve this sprawling city every day. See the sites of attempted regicides, Horsguards Parade and the National Police Memorial, head from the UK’s smallest police station to its busiest, from Old Scotland Yard to New to view the famous rotating sign. During this rollercoaster ride through some of the darker parts of London’s history, you will also get a chance to see a pub dedicated to Britain’s most beloved fictional detective, Sherlock Holmes.
Through the very heart of Westminster and the Crown Estate, are you ready to walk in the shoes of the men and women in blue?What's Included
What's Not Included Meeting Place
- English speaking expert tour guides and ex-police officers
Meet our guides outside Covent Garden tube station where they will be holding an Urban Saunters sign. We recommend using the elevators to reach ground level at this station as it’s deep underground and the stairs are numerous.